Pacific Standard Time, LA/LA, part 7
Octavia, la ciudad sutil (from Invisible Cities series), by José Antonio Choy López. Second PST LA/LA reference to the INVISIBLE CITIES by Italo Calvino. Which I read on a bus in Veracruz.
- Chinese American Museum – CIRCLES AND CIRCUITS II: Contemporary Chinese Caribbean Art
- La Plaza de Cultura y Artes – ¡MURALES REBELDES! LA Chicana/o Murals Under Siege
Featuring eight murals that have been destroyed, whitewashed, censored and neglected:
- EAST LOS STREETSCAPERS – Filling Up on Ancient Energies
- WILLIE F. HERRON III – The Wall That Cracked Open
- BARBARA CARRASCO – L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective
- ERNESTO DE LA LOZA – Resurrection of the Green Planet and El Nuevo Mundo: Homage to the Worker
- ROBERTO CHAVEZ – The Path to Knowkedge and the False University
- SERGIO O’CADIZ MOCTEZUMA – Fountain Valley Mural
- YREINA D. CERVaNTEZ and ALMA LÓPEZ – La Historia de Adentro/La Historia de Afuera
- Biscailuz Gallery, El Pueblo de Los Angeles – BORDERS AND NEIGHBORS: Craft and Connectivity between the U.S. and Mexico
FULL ALBUM with art and artist info and text that describes the scope and purpose of the exhibits. Slideshow features the art; full album features the curation.